Why shop at Abundance Cooperative Market?
Top Ten Reasons for Shopping at Abundance Cooperative Market
Rochester’s first and only cooperatively-owned natural products retail grocer.
- We grow the local economy. Independent retailers such as Abundance return more than three times as much money to the local economy per dollar of sales than chain competitors.
- Our co-op offers multiple benefits to shoppers: healthy, ethically-sourced groceries, delicious fresh deli items, and a friendly, open community space.
- We give priority to buying local, organic, sustainable, and/or socially responsible products. Over 50% of our current local products are organic.
- We are truly community-based: anyone can join the more than 1600 owners who live in Rochester or the surrounding area.
- We offer everyday low prices on many staple grocery items through our Basics Program.
- Our popular Abundance Monthly Shareholder Deals create significant savings for owners.
- In partnership with the National Cooperative Grocers Association (NCGA), we are able to price competitively through monthly sales on hundreds of products.
- As a co-op, we are based on the values of self-responsibility, democracy, equality, honesty, and social responsibility as expressed in the Rochdale Principles.
- We provide each shopper a unique opportunity to join a community of healthful and socially-conscious consumers through the cooperative ownership model.
- All Abundance owners are eligible for an annual owner dividend payout.