Want to help the co-op share its amazing history with the many new customers who are shopping at our store? Have you been a shareholder for long time? Seen a lot of changes? Remember the old co-op on Monroe Avenue? The one before that? Then we want to hear from you!
Why tell our story?
Did you know that many customers come into Abundance, shop, and leave without ever learning about the long and rich history behind the co-op? We think that's a real shame, so we've decided to dedicate an entire wall of our store solely to telling our history in a colorful timeline with vibrant images and captivating words.
Want to help?
If you think you've been around the co-op long enough to know what's what and who's who, we would love to hear from you to help us with this important project.
- Were you involved in setting up the original co-op?
- Are you a long-time owner of Abundance ?
- Did you shop or work at the Genesee Co-op Natural Foodstore?
- Do you have old photographs? Video? Writing?
- Do you have stories that you think would inspire new customers to become owners?
What is needed
If you are interested in taking part in this project, you will be invited to attend an informal brainstorming session. It would be great if you could bring with you:
- <!--[endif]-->stories about how Abundance and/or its predecessors got started
- stories about the women and men who helped make Abundance a reality
- <!--[endif]-->a list of key milestones in our history
- <!--[endif]-->original photographs from different periods (non-digital OK!)
- <!--[endif]-->old newspaper articles or other clippings
- <!--[endif]-->interesting documents
- <!--[endif]-->any other materials you might have that you think would be useful
Get in touch!
To sign up for the first brainstorming session, please contact Chris Whitebell at email@example.com by Friday, November 15, 2013.